Gardens to visit in Cork
Whilst you are here visit some of the wonderful gardens in Cork. Glenlohane is the ideal Country Manor bed and breakfast for anyone wishing to visit Gardens in Cork.
Glenlohane itself has a formal sitting garden filled with a riot of colour which has been laid out within the walls of the old kitchen garden. It is well protected from the wind and offers guests a tranquil place to sit and read and take tea on a sunny afternoon.
Offering a Hornbeam walk up the centre, the garden contains espaliered apple trees, a variety of fruit trees and boxwood lined flower beds.
There are also many gardens of note to visit within an easy drive:
- Annes Grove, Castletownroche, Co Cork
- Bantry House, Bantry, Co Cork
- Creagh Gardens, Skibbereen, Co Cork
- Castle Gardens, Timoleague, Co Cork
- Fota, Cobh, Co Cork
- Ilnacullin, Glengarriff, Co Cork
- Glin Castle, Glin, Co Limerick
- Dereen Gardens, Lauragh, Nr Kenmare, Co Kerry
- Doneraile Forest Park, Doneraile, Co Cork
- Lismore Castle Gardens, Lismore, Co Waterford
- Muckross House Gardens, Killarney, Co Kerry